● BRIC: Building Resilient Infrastructure and Communities (BRIC) program
● Project Scoping: activities designed to develop strategies for hazard mitigation projects as well as obtain data in order to prioritize, select, and develop timely project applications for those mitigation efforts. Project scoping results in either an improvement in the capability to identify appropriate mitigation projects or in the development of an application-ready mitigation project for BRIC or another funding opportunity.
● FEMA GO: FEMA Grants Outcomes. A management system to submit project scoping applications, etc.
● DUNS: Basically an ID number an organization receives when they’re fully registered with Grants.org. You have to have one in order to receive federal grants like BRIC. Stands for Data Universal Numbering System
● SAM: System for Award Management. An organization must register their DUNS with SAM to be eligible for grants via Grants.org - it takes about a month to get this process completed.
● BCR: benefit-cost ratio